Hair Fall during Monsoons? Worry not!
It’s still raining cats and dogs in Pune, and while the weather is truly romantic 😉 it is certainly not so lovable towards your hair! Hair Fall during monsoon can be extremely frustrating and worrisome. Thus, here’s a piece to help your hair fight this romantic yet troublesome weather.
Is this Hair Fall normal?
Most of the people face excess hair fall in monsoon than in other seasons. Both men and women face hair loss in monsoon. High humidity level during the rainy season is the main culprit, which leads to hair fall. High hydrogen levels in the air have adverse effects on hair and lead to hair fall as well. Harsh rainwater, humidity, and hydrogen levels not just affect your hair but also affect your scalp. Due to the pollution and these other factors, the fresh rainwater gets changed into acidic water, which damages our hair and scalp.
Other Hair Problems during Monsoon!
Monsoon brings several hair and scalp problems like itchy scalp, dandruff, dry and frizzy hair and also hair fall. Chemicals and other pollutants present in rainwater cause several scalp infections which in turn ruins the roots and causes hair fall. Dandruff is also one of the main problems in monsoon faced by many individuals which further leads to hair fall. Our hair loses its natural shine, becomes frizzy and dry in the monsoon. It is very important to take extra care about hair and scalp in the monsoon to protect your hair.
Here are a few things you can do about it:
- Keep your hair dry, avoid wet hair and scalp conditions, as it can increase the risk for fungal infections and thus lead to heavy hair fall.
- If you get wet in the rain, wash your hair soon after coming home. The acidic rainwater damages hair follicles and causes hair to fall.
- Do not comb or tie wet hair.
- Use a mild shampoo and hair conditioner more frequently than usual.
- Apply oil and give a gentle massage to your hair at least twice a week.
- Do not use a hairdryer frequently to dry hair, instead towel dry them to avoid unnecessary damage.
- Be hydrated by drinking plenty of water and fluids. Yes, this helps give you healthy hair!
- Avoid using harsh chemicals and / or unnecessary hair styling products in this season.
- In monsoon, we tend to drink more tea and coffee, avoid high intake of caffeine as it can lead to dehydration and can further lead to hair fall.
- Eat healthy food such as sprouts, fresh fruits, and vegetables to control hair fall and damage. It gives nutritional supplements of Vit A, E, K, and proteins.